Let’s take a journey into the past and experience a rural culture of Cyprus. You will have a unique opportunity not only to see traditions of Cypriots, but also to become like one and take an action!
Join us at Cyprus farm, located in a quiet picturesque village of Skarinou. You will explore the inhabitants of the farm: donkeys, long eared goats, birds, and also take a closer look at the village life.
Experience Cyprus in tasting of olives, olive oil, carob syrup and national drink Zivania. You will be instructed and given all necessary information on how to ride a donkey and in caravan you will continue your journey on your new “vehicle”. You can get a certificate of “donkey driver” with your photo on it. You will have freshly made village dinner accompanied with home-made wine.
Enjoy the show of professional Greek and Cypriot dancers and feel free to join them for a famous “Sirtaki” dance. Experience the taste of village life and well-known Cypriot hospitality!
Pick up from hotels:
Protaras – 14:00-14:40, Agia Napa – 14:30-15:00.
· Safety instructions;
· Donkey riding;
· Acquaintance with animals and birds on the farm;
· Ethnographic house-museum;
· Tasting of olive oil, olives, souvenirs and purchases;
· Show Cyprus dancers;
Return to hotels:
Agia Napa – 22:15-23:00, Protaras – 22:30-23:00.
· Dinner and drinks (wine red and white), lemonade, water;
· Donkey riding;
Other expenses (optional):
· Pony ridding – 5 euro. (This price includes certificate of “Pony driver”). The age limit is up to 6 years, the weight does not exceed 35 kg;
· Certificate of “Donkey driver” – 5 euro.
What to bring with you:
· Comfortable shoes and outfit;
In the rules of the excursion program there is an age limit and additional restrictions:
– Children under 7 years riding on donkeys only accompanied by adults;
– Pregnant women, as well as people whose weight exceeds 100 kilograms, cannot ride on donkeys;
– People over 60 and disabled people are not recommended to ride;
– Alcohol intoxicated person is prohibited to ride a donkey;
– Instructor has every right for safe reason to stop donkey ridding if he considers that this specific person is at risk of falling.