Cyprus takes care of its unique places with healing power.
Amazing stories about the healing of all kinds of skin diseases with therapeutic mud in Cyprus have been spread around the island for many centuries.
We offer you a half-day trip to the holy place, where you can not only feel the holy energy, plunge into the atmosphere of grace and silence, you can also take a small amount of healing mud with you!
Carrying out the recommendations given to you, you will feel the healing effect of the mud.
A bit of history:
According to tradition, it is believed that the monastery was built by St. Elena during her visit to Cyprus in the early 4th century AD, when she also founded the Holy Monastery of Stavrovouni. The tradition says that Saint Elena arrived in the region where today the monastery stands, prayed to God in the scorching sun. At one point, the Holy Water began to flow right out of the earth, allowing the praying person to quench her thirst and cool herself. Then St. Helena built a church on this place, dedicating her to the martyr Saint Thekla.
Monks are greeting everyone with desire of healing even today, because the source of Holy water and mud is still there and is used by believers for the treatment of skin diseases and eczema.
Good to know:
Indications for mud therapy (peloidotherapy)
- diseases of the genitourinary system (infertility, chronic pyelonephritis, chronic cystitis, chronic prostatitis, vesiculitis, epididymitis, orchitis, potency disorders);
- Skin diseases (chronic forms of the specimen, neurodermatitis limited and diffuse, with the exception of exudative form, limited psoriasis, scleroderma in the initial stage, ichthyosis, keratoderma, residual after burns and frostbite, skin scars after chemical and thermal burns and traumatic injuries, nesting baldness );
- gynecological diseases, mud treatment is widely used in infertility in gynecology;
- diseases of the joints, muscles;
- diseases of the digestive system;
- diseases of the vascular system;
- respiratory diseases of a non-tuberculous nature.
(translated from http://www.doctorakimov.ru/illness/gryaz/)
In this journey you will also be able to touch the Holy Relics of Christ’s friend – Saint Lazarus.
You will see his tomb, you can collect water from a holy and healing spring. This is one of the most beautiful churches in Cyprus, which has preserved a century-old wooden iconostasis of handwork and an incredible atmosphere. It will fill you with energy and a sense of bliss.